Most items that you need will be pretty obvious, unless your mother still packs your bag for you! But you will need to bring:
· towel, soap and shampoo – the venue does not provide these
. lap-top computer
· adapter to Romanian sockets (Type F or C – http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeF.htm). Power is 230 V, 50Hz.
· camera and download cable and/or binoculars.
· walking boots
· wet-weather gear for walking (weather can be unpredictable)
· sunscreen lotion
· warm sweater
· sensible hat for walking
travel sickness pills, if you need them, for the bus trip
bathing costume (if you wish to use the hot tub/sauna after a long walk!)
· silly hat, musical instruments for evening entertainments
· credit card to pay your Bucharest hotel
· cash to pay for alcoholic beverages. Note that although Romania is in the EU and hotels often quote prices in Euros, you will usually have to pay in RON if using cash. All cashpoints/ATMs in Romania will give you RON; don’t assume that you will be able to pay in Euros. Just to make things more complicated, the RON used to be the Lei and many shops, most of the public and even the bank notes still refer to the currency as Lei.
· pens and notebook
· toothbrush and nightwear (the most commonly forgotten things)!
There is no shop in Borospataka and no nearby pharmacy, so do not assume that you can just buy things you need when you get there. Come fully prepared.